Another post from the series of emails that I sent in 2014 as we navigated starting an IVF cycle….
“Your journey begins with a choice to get up, step out, and live fully” – Oprah Winfrey
I have books with me for this retreat, some recommended my you, others that called out to me. Oprah’s book “What I know for sure” called out to me. While this quote happens to be on the back of the book, I only noticed that today after having read it in the passage inside of the book.
I am grateful that I have two days of personal space between Seane Corn and the detox. Somehow this yogi had no earthly idea what she was getting herself into with Seane Corn, but I trust the one of you that referred me to her well enough to know it was just what I needed – Holy roller coaster of emotions!?! Do you know how much we hold in our bodies? Incredible…..Thankfully she helped us close some of the channels that she opened, so that we could go back into the world without being too shell shocked.
A few more quotes from her:
- Most of us will dissociate from uncomfortable when we know what is on the other side is amazing.
- Something spoke to our soul and called us to awaken, but first we must confront the pain. It is intolerable to live in separation. Any change must start with individual.
- To embrace love, we must understand all that love is not.
- (My current favorite) Can’t get to bless you before you get to fuck you.
- Can live in blame or recognize that everything happens for a reason.
- Magic is shifting energy at will
- (One of her morning prayers) For today, please don’t let me be an asshole.
- When we suppress it, that’s when we get sick.
- Cleanse by going towards it. Embrace feeling, energy of forgiveness.
- God: that which exists within which is of truth and love
Yesterday I drove another beautiful stretch of road from Cottonwood thru Jerome to Prescott to visit with the young man for whom I cared in San Francisco during college. I am pretty sure I was a race car driver in a past life (Grandma, don’t worry I drove safely), but the fact that driving on a semi-well kept dirt road and a curvy wonderful mountain road in my truck yesterday were simply amazing, well yah I like a good drive with music blaring (channeling my Dad and his Porsche for sure)
Dad is under a willow tree in the Healing Garden. Walked back there today and it is an incredibly grounding place.
Pretty sure this could/will become at least an annual retreat for me. Perhaps next time it will not be over a week, but the sense of peace here is like coming to a safe home.